Do You Need an Expert in Family Law


If you need help whilst filing for divorce, you should retain the services of a solicitor. Make sure that the solicitor is experienced in a number of areas that involve family law. Therefore, your legal counsel should be knowledgeable in the following:

  • Drawing up prenuptial agreements
  • Assisting you with all areas of divorce
  • Creating postnuptial agreements
  • Divorce mediation
  • Cohabitation disputes
  • Child dispute issues


Whether you are trying to reach an agreement about your finances or want to gain custody of your child, you need to contact certified divorce lawyers in Gloucester who know how to handle all the disputes involved in matters of family law. You also want the solicitor to be knowledgeable in conveyancing.

Home Ownership

After all, dividing a house during a divorce proceeding can become rather complex. Therefore, your solicitor will need to find out how you own the property. A house in the UK can be owned by one of the parties or in joint names. In some cases, the house may be owned by another party.

If you own the property jointly, you may either own the house as joint tenants or as tenants in common. If you own it as joint tenants, the property passes to the surviving spouse if one of the spouses dies. If you own it as tenants in common, you have more flexibility. That is because you can choose what happens to the house in case of your death.

Before getting divorced, you may want to modify how you own the property. Talk to a competent solicitor to ensure that you protect your share.

Leave A Reply